Innovative companies, organisations and other institutions are only as good as their management. In order to plan, implement and control successful corporate strategies, confident leaders are needed, who not only have the necessary technical know-how, but also offer the added value of leadership skills and communicative abilities. The specialisation in Organization prepares professionals for exactly these challenges and offers future confidence in a dynamic professional world. Starting from the international location of Berlin, students benefit from an excellent network in the fields of business, communication and organisation in the long term. Students receive the accredited title MBA upon successful completion of the degree. The MBA is recognised by the state and therefore offers a future-proof perspective.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Language(s) of instruction
English / German
The MBA Leadership specialisation in Organisation is aimed at experienced professionals from companies, associations, NGOs, political parties, agencies and other organisations who are involved in organisational development. This also includes organisational areas such as strategy, HR or consulting functions. Interested parties must have a first higher education degree and several years of professional experience. Not only high potentials with a focus on organisation are addressed, but also professionals who want to deepen their leadership and organisational knowledge.
The MBA specialisation in Organization consists of on-campus study sessions and self-study. This means that most MBA students continue to work in general management and study part-time.
On-Campus Study Sessions
The students of the MBA Leadership specialisation in Organization come together once a month for on-campus study sessions generally spanning from Thursday to Sunday. The study sessions take place on campus at the Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in the heart of Berlin. Longer study sessions of five to seven days each are planned in order for students to participate in practical sessions and group projects. All courses at Quadriga University Berlin offer a one-week field trip abroad that enables students to engage in an international exchange.
In addition to joint and interactive learning through discussion, guided independent study forms an essential part of the MBA curriculum. The MBA specialisation in Organization provides digital learning content on topics such as controlling, marketing, law or leadership online and combines it with a wide range of practical offerings.
Family and Career
The MBA programme at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin is also an attractive study model for students with family obligations. The high proportion of self-study allows students to combine their family life, study and career. The small group sizes means that the teaching staff can meet the individual needs of students with children. The study sessions are bundled and pre-planned, allowing students to arrange childcare well in advance.
All degrees at the Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin are designed according to the EQUAL criteria. For this reason, the MBA specialisation in Organisation also teaches interdisciplinary topics in economics, finance, marketing and strategy. In addition, the requisite management and leadership competencies are also incorporated in the course. Students at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin acquire the necessary competencies in negotiation, persuasion and personnel leadership.
The following qualifications are required for the MBA Leadership specialisation in Organisation and will be checked during the application process:
A degree in a relevant business-related subject (e.g. diploma, Magister, state examination, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree)
- Applicants must have achieved at least 240 credits (credits / ECTS points) in total. The required credits are normally achieved with a Magister, diploma or Master’s degree.
- In many cases, a Bachelor’s or comparable degree corresponds to only 180 or 210 ECTS points. Relevant professional experience may be regarded as evidence that you have achieved the credits required. Our student support advisers will be happy to help you in this regard.
At least one year postgraduate professional experience in a pertinent field following a first degree in a relevant subject.
- Part-time professional experience is calculated and recognised pro rata.
This means, for example: If you have worked in a part-time post for a year, half a year is counted as professional experience.
- Whether you have gained professional experience in one post or have changed positions is irrelevant for the calculation.
Course-specific proficiency for the MBA in Leadership specialisation in Organisation
- For the MBA Leadership specialisation in Organisation, students must have relevant professional experience in organisational development.
Proficiency in English
- Additionally, you need, and must provide evidence of, proficiency in English in order to enrol on the Master’s degree course at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin. This can be normally provided with the TOEFL iBT test (internet-based). You must achieve a score of at least 80 points. When you start your studies, no more than two years should have passed since you took the test. The institution code of Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin is 6989 for the TOEFL test.
- Comparable English tests may also be recognised. Please contact our directors of studies for help in this matter.
Proficiency in German
- Citizens of any non-German-speaking country applying for a German-speaking course should be proficient in German (equivalent to level C1). A DSH 2 certificate (German language proficiency test for university admission) or a degree from a German-speaking course at a recognised German university is normally considered sufficient evidence.
- Allowances may be made for people with severe disabilities, or equivalent issues, if relevant proof is provided. Please contact our directors of studies with regard to this matter.
Course details & dates
Overview of the course
Length of course: 18 months (part-time)
Classroom time: approx. 50 days in Berlin
Online sessions: approx. 24 sessions lasting 2 hours each
Study trip: 6 days in Singapore
Important dates for 2019
Application deadline: 17 May 2019
Start of course: 12 June 2019
The MBA in Leadership & Organisations consists of eight modules and the Dissertation.
- Corporate Strategy & Managerial Economics,
The module deals with certain business aspects which need to be understood in order to carry out managerial functions: strategic management, organisational theory and change management. In addition to the importance of governance systems, the influence of economic parameters on a company’s or organisation’s scope of action will be discussed.
- Management of Accounting, Finance, Controlling & Law,
Through the lectures, students will become familiar with operational areas that personnel and organisation developers need to internalise, so as to play a decisive role in corporate management: Accounting, investment and financing. Students are taught how to use financial controlling instruments regarding incentive structures and performance measurement..
- Supply-Chain-Management & Operations,
To improve an HR sector’s business-oriented approach, personnel and organisational development managers must have an understanding of which processes and structures within a company create value and secure competitiveness. This module provides an introduction to the structural parameters of production processes and outlines the targeted utilisation of management tools.
- Marketing, Sales- & Servicemanagement,
The course familiarises with tasks and processes within a corporation that are primarily market- or customer-oriented: product and service management, sales and marketing. The module demonstrates various possibilities of designing an organisation’s service portfolio, geared specifically to its target group.
- Communication based Leadership,
The module provides an introduction to the tasks, operating methods and principles of communication management. The topic’s well-founded impartation concludes with practical exercises which are to improve managerial communication skills in different contexts.
- Competence & Potential based Leadership,
Modules 1-5 finish with the creation of professional job profiles and functions. These are used as inputs so as to coordinate managerial tasks in all departmental areas with the corporate strategy within the framework of strategic skills management and potential analysis. For this purpose, personnel development tools are put to the test.
- Designing Effective Organisations,
This module is dedicated to the core of the organisational design, for which different characteristics of organisational structure are developed. From a decision-oriented perspective it is then necessary to comprehensively evaluate the design alternatives. The systematic assessment of organisational design alternatives is therefore also a central object of this module. The current discussion about the creation of agile organisation forms receives special attention.
- Managing Organisational Behaviour,
Organisational structures set a framework for action with the aim of controlling the behaviour in the organisation. Knowledge about “Organisational Behaviour” is therefore essential for the organisational design. In this context, the possibilities of leadership and performance-oriented management are specifically discussed again. Change management, which is often neglected within the framework of reorganisation, is also discussed as well as the focus on information and knowledge management, which is demanded over and again. Basics of negotiation and conflict management round off the module, as a balance with stakeholders marks an important and also neglected building block of organisational changes.
Degree programmes for high potentials
The Quadriga University Berlin has a multistage application process. This helps ensure that all participants of Quadriga University Berlin’s degree programmes share the necessary qualifications for an ideal and successful course of study. Furthermore, the university wants to lay the foundation for successful interpersonal learning within the study Group.
The application process at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences Berlin is divided into five stages:
- Enquiry: online application
- Advice: in person / over the phone / campus day
- Application documents
Quadriga University Berlin offers information days for all those interested in the M.A and MBA programs. In the course of a campus day, you can get an impression of Quadriga University and its network through impulse lectures and question-and-answer sessions and gain insights into the curricula and teaching practice of the study programmes. In addition, we will be happy to advise you personally and individually.
The webinars at the Quadriga University Berlin clarify all questions concerning the study programmes regardless of location. Thanks to impulse lectures on key areas of the curricula, an overview of the course of studies and the application procedure, and a forum for individual questions, participants can receive an in-depth impression as well as ample opportunities for further exchange.