You have probably heard “we need to expand internationally”, “we need more fans from xyz country” and other similar statements or requests. This seminar will give you the tools to assess these requests, assess international potential, and plan for success in international Social Media.
We will cover strategic planning, translations, budgets, and goals for multi-national and multi-lingual content on Social Media.
What channels are used where? China, Russia, USA, Rwanda – where is your audience? We will dive into popular Social Media channels across the world and look at some different approaches.
We will review the importance of staying abreast of what is happening internationally while you are planning or posting your content… is it a public holiday; is there a crisis; is there a topic on Social Media that’s viral right now; is the kind of content you’re posting even permitted or relevant, and other international considerations.
Day 1: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm / day 2: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- What channels are used where: we will review the major Social Media Channels around the world (and a few smaller ones).
- Strategic International Marketing: create an International Social Media strategy to guide you. Why it is so important to determine goals, tone, languages, processes, duration, post frequency, monitoring, comment response, and reporting… all in advance.
- Scoping International Social Media work: how much time and money does it take to expand internationally? Know the answer to this question to make your job easier.
- Aligning your work with your company goals: we will take a look at several scenarios outlining types of internationalization approaches.
- Measuring Success: how to compare local results to international results fairly and accurately.
- Do it Yourself, or Outsource: the same content doesn’t always fit different markets. This is where local experts could be the answer. We will look at different options.
Digital Marketing Managers, Digital Planners, Social Media Managers, Community Managers, Communication Professionals, Content Marketers.
Theory and Real Cases, Group Work, Practical Application of Theory.
Via a mix of case studies, hands-on practical work, and theory you will become well equip with the information and tools you need to successfully and confidently expand internationally via Social Media.
This seminar can help you develop the skills to refine ideas into a practical approach.