The MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management offers professionals future sovereignty for the dynamic marketing world. For this reason, the course does not only focus on imparting extensive business management and marketing competencies, it also provides students with the required tools to plan, implement and control successful marketing measures in a digital environment. A special focus of the course is on communication skills that enable students to lead and moderate teams and to hold leading positions in companies. Based in Berlin, students will benefit from an excellent network of business, communication and marketing managers in the long term. Students receive the accredited title MBA upon successful completion of the degree. The MBA is recognised by the state and therefore offers a bright future.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Language(s) of instruction
English / German
The MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management is aimed at experienced professionals from companies, associations, NGOs, political parties, agencies and other organisations in the field of marketing and communications. Interested parties should have a first higher education degree and several years of professional experience. Not only high potentials with a focus on marketing are addressed, but also professionals, who would like to deepen their digital know-how and skills in online marketing through a course of study.
The MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management is designed as a part-time course and consists of on-campus study sessions and independent study. This enables students to continue working alongside the MBA. It is therefore an integrated degree programme in the field of marketing.
On-Campus Study Sessions
Once a month the students meet for on-campus study sessions which take place on a regular basis, generally from Thursday to Sunday at the campus of Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in the heart of Berlin. Extended study sessions, each lasting five to seven days, offer students the opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow students and experts and to take part in practical meetings. A common feature of all degrees at the Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin is a one-week field trip abroad. In addition to joint and interactive learning through discussion, guided self-study forms an essential part of the MBA curriculum.
The MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management is a distance learning programme with online teaching and study materials in the field of marketing. The degree at the Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin provides online learning content on topics such as strategic planning, marketing, law or leadership and combine such topics with a wide range of practical cases.
Family and Career
The high proportion of independent study as part of the MBA programmes at Quadriga University allows students to combine their family life, study and career. The group sizes means that the teaching staff can meet the individual needs of students with children. On-campus study sessions are bundled and pre-planned, allowing students to arrange childcare well in advance.
The MBA degrees at the Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin correspond to the applicable EQUAL criteria. For this reason, the MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management also teaches interdisciplinary topics in economics, finance, marketing and strategy. The requisite management and leadership competencies are also incorporated in the course. Consequently, graduates of Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin know how to negotiate, convince and manage personnel.
The following qualifications are required for the MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management and will be checked during the application process.
A degree in a relevant business-related subject (e.g. diploma, Magister, state examination, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree)
- Applicants must have achieved at least 240 credits (credits / ECTS points) in total. The required credits are normally achieved with a Magister, diploma or Master’s degree.
- In many cases, a Bachelor’s or comparable degree corresponds to only 180 or 210 ECTS points. Relevant professional experience may be regarded as evidence that you have achieved the credits required. Our student support advisers will be happy to help you in this regard.
At least one year postgraduate professional experience in a pertinent field following a first degree in a relevant subject.
- Part-time professional experience is calculated and recognised pro rata.
This means, for example: If you have worked in a part-time post for a year, half a year is counted as professional experience.
- Whether you have gained professional experience in one post or have changed positions is irrelevant for the calculation.
Course-specific proficiency for the MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management
- For the MBA Leadership specialisation in Digital Marketing Management students are required to have relevant professional experience in marketing or have a sound knowledge of marketing-relevant processes in other functional Areas.
Proficiency in English
- Additionally, you need, and must provide evidence of, proficiency in English in order to enrol on the Master’s degree course at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin. This can be normally provided with the TOEFL iBT test (internet-based). You must achieve a score of at least 80 points. When you start your studies, no more than two years should have passed since you took the test. The institution code of Quadriga University of Applied Sciences in Berlin is 6989 for the TOEFL test.
- Comparable English tests may also be recognised. Please contact our directors of studies for help in this matter.
Proficiency in German
- Citizens of any non-German-speaking country applying for a German-speaking course should be proficient in German (equivalent to level C1). A DSH 2 certificate (German language proficiency test for university admission) or a degree from a German-speaking course at a recognised German university is normally considered sufficient evidence.
- Allowances may be made for people with severe disabilities, or equivalent issues, if relevant proof is provided. Please contact our directors of studies with regard to this matter.
Course details & dates
Overview of the course
Length of course: 18 months (part-time)
Classroom time: approx. 50 days in Berlin
Online sessions: approx. 24 sessions lasting 2 hours each
Study trip: 6 days in Singapore
Important dates for 2019
Application deadline: 7 October 2019
Start of course: 13 November 2019
The MBA in Leadership & Digital Marketing Management is made up of eight modules and the dissertation.
- Corporate Strategy & Managerial Economics,
This module deals with aspects of business which you need to understand in order to carry out managerial functions: strategic management, organisational theory and change management. In addition to the importance of governance systems, the influence of financial parameters on a company’s or organisation’s scope of action will be discussed.
- Management of Accounting, Finance, Controlling & Law,
Through the lectures, students become familiar with operational areas that sales and organisational developers need to internalise in order to play a decisive role within corporate management: accounting, investment and finance. Students are taught how to use financial controlling instruments with regard to incentive structures and performance measurement.
- Supply-Chain-Management & Operations,
To improve a sales sector’s approach, personnel and organisational development managers must have an understanding of which processes and structures within a company create value and secure competitiveness. This module provides an introduction to the structural parameters of production processes and outlines the targeted utilisation of management tools.
- Marketing, Sales- & Servicemanagement,
The course familiarises with tasks and processes within a corporation that are primarily market- or customer-oriented: product and service management, sales and marketing. The module demonstrates various possibilities of designing an organisation’s service portfolio, geared specifically to its target group.
- Communication based Leadership,
This module provides an introduction to the tasks, operating methods and principles of communication management. The course concludes with practical exercises which improve your managerial communication skills in different contexts.
- Competence & Potential based Leadership,
Modules 1-5 conclude with the creation of professional job profiles and functions. These are used as frameworks to coordinate managerial tasks in all departmental areas, creating a corporate strategy within the framework of strategic skills management and employee potential analysis. For this purpose, personnel development tools are trialed.
- Strategic digital Marketing Management and Leadership,
This module teaches the planning processes of a marketing strategy for the digitalized world. It focuses on designing a relationship-oriented customer experience which integrates a service portfolio, route-to-market, and communication. To this end, data strategies and marketing analytics are also covered. A further range of topics includes marketing organisation, as well as the associated leadership concepts and innovation strategies in marketing technology.
- Operational digital Marketing Management,
Operational marketing management nowadays includes a number of specialised areas of responsibility. The module consists of four components: platform communication and Inbound marketing; data and technology-based marketing and marketing innovations; multi-channel marketing: conception and planning and leadership and interface management
Degree programmes for high potentials
The Quadriga University Berlin has a multistage application process. This helps ensure that all participants of Quadriga University Berlin’s degree programmes share the necessary qualifications for an ideal and successful course of study. Furthermore, the university wants to lay the foundation for successful interpersonal learning within the study Group.
The application process at Quadriga University of Applied Sciences Berlin is divided into five stages:
- Enquiry: online application
- Advice: in person / over the phone / campus day
- Application documents
Quadriga University Berlin offers information days for all those interested in the M.A and MBA programs. In the course of a campus day, you can get an impression of Quadriga University and its network through impulse lectures and question-and-answer sessions and gain insights into the curricula and teaching practice of the study programmes. In addition, we will be happy to advise you personally and individually.
The webinars at the Quadriga University Berlin clarify all questions concerning the study programmes regardless of location. Thanks to impulse lectures on key areas of the curricula, an overview of the course of studies and the application procedure, and a forum for individual questions, participants can receive an in-depth impression as well as ample opportunities for further exchange.